As a UX Design specialist and experienced digital marketer, I combine research and user understanding with a commitment to supporting business goals to develop engaging products from end-to-end. As a sales & marketing manager I’ve built business in competitive environments and designed effective teams by creating focused work environments. I like classic cars, graffiti art, anything that Will Ferrell is in and I’m not bad at Ping Pong. I also a mean Soda bread baker.
January 2019 – Present – Freelance – UX Specialist
As a Freelance I’m designing better user experiences to turbocharge ROI for my clients.
August 2018 – December 2019 – Friday Agency – UX Specialist
Friday is a smart digital agency that mixes passion and creativity to drive business success. Delivering powerful user experiences across a blend of strategy, creative, content and technology to a diverse range of clients and industries.
- I’m involved with a variety of clients from food, leisure, education, property, charity and tourism sectors
- I agree the design brief with the client, carry out user research, develop sitemaps, define information architecture, wireframe and liaise with UI designers. Each step of the way I will collaborate closely with the client to ensure their continued involvement in the process
Apr 2016 – June 2o18 – Corrata – UX Specialist / Digital Marketer
Corrata is a provider of mobile security and data control solutions for enterprise. Corrata is pioneering the use of on-device technology to help enterprises defend against cybersecurity threats and control data usage.
- Continuously optimising the company’s digital presence through content, keyword strategy and SEO resulting in the doubling of company website visits over the past year
- Regularly used analytics, A/B testing, click testing and heat mapping to further improve user engagement
- Researched and wireframed new company website redesign to improve user experience and ultimately attract more business
Jan 2018 – Mar 2018 – pTools – UX Designer
pTools creates technology in CMS, Notarisation & Blockchain, Digital KYC & Machine Learning.
- Participated in client discovery meetings to identify user personae, establish user journeys and document pain points for proposed design solutions
- Produced information architecture and wireframes of initial designs to deliver improved user experience
Jan 2007 – Mar 2015 – O’Sullivan Graphics – Sales & Marketing Director
O’Sullivan Graphics was a computer, art material and stationery multichannel business with customers in the Ireland & UK.
- Drove the establishment of the company’s e-commerce channel, growing it to 8% of overall revenue within 2 years
- Launched and managed the company’s own-brand label, accounting for 5% of total sales, as well as creating its first export sales pipeline. This led to the company’s first export in its 79-year history
- Led the completion of an environmental initiative in South America, which enabled the planting of 250,000 trees and increased the company’s international profile
UX Design Certificate – CareerFoundry.com
An intensive 1 to 1 mento-led UX design course with over 400 hours of coursework culminating in a multi-platform app designed from end-to-end.
Scrum Master Certificate – International Scrum Institute
Being a Certified Scrum Master demonstrates that I have mastered the best practices of helping project teams working within the scrum environment.
B.Sc. Digital Tech & Design – Dublin Institute of Technology
A one-year Bachelor of Science degree in digital design including such areas as UX design, Business Analysis, Agile, Technical Project Management, Digital Marketing and Content Management.
Post Grad. Marketing – Marketing Institute of Ireland
A Postgraduate Diploma covering areas such as Sevice Marketing, Strategic Marketing Management, Customer Relationship Marketing, Market Research and Consumer Behaviour.
B.Sc. Business Studies – Dublin Institute of Technology
A Bachelor of Science degree in Business Studies specialising in Marketing in my final year.
Download my C.V. here